Monroe Street Framing came into being in 1983 at the original location of 2616 Monroe Street. After quickly outgrowing the space, the shop moved in 1988 into the current location at 1901 Monroe Street, a historic prairie-style building previously home to doctors' offices and a bomb shelter during WWII.
In recent years the shop has been providing exceptional framing services to a broad base of commercial and residential clients and local organizations, including the Chazen Museum, EPIC, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Duluth Trading Company the Wisconsin State Historical Society and many other local businesses and organizations. They have recently expanded their facilities to include a full custom wood shop in nearby Green County, WI. We are proud to say that we have always been, and always will be, locally owned and owner operated.